What is DME Mobile?
We’re extremely excite to launch DME Mobile! This is an incredible opportunity with HUGE benefits as follows:
1. Using their own cell phone with internet access, drivers can now log into DME to download all of their specific transports throughout the course of the day. As dispatchers assign drivers trips they are instantaneously received by drivers via their cell phones.
In turn, with a single click, drivers notify dispatchers when they are “enroute” to pickup a client, when they have picked up the client, and when they have dropped off. Again, all of this is automatically reflected on the dispatcher’s computer screen via our color-coded methodology.
2. When drivers log into their mobile device they will enter the odometer reading on the vehicle they are operating. This serves multiple important purposes. First, the odometer reading helps you track the mileage on your vehicles and further evaluate your fleet’s efficiency. Second, the exact time that a driver records the odometer reading at the beginning and end of their shift is recording, further varifying the hours that they were on duty.
3. DME Mobile significantly helps dispatchers and relieves them of redundant banter with drivers. Now, dispatchers can focus on answering phones and interacting with clients while still notifying drivers of transports without tying up airwaves!
4. A very significant benefit to DME Mobile is that business owners save a LOT of money! Because more and more phones are coming standard with internet access, drivers can literally use their own personal cell phones which significantly reduce their overhead expenses for business owners!
Because business owners no longer have to issue company cell phones to drivers, your company’s cell phone bill just got slashed! This is not only incredibly profitable for business owners, but it’s very liberating in alleviating a significant financial burden. Businesses of all sizes are literally saving thousands of dollars each and every month!
5. Drivers can reference their Daily Schedules, or Trip Manifests, for any date, present or future. This is very useful for companies that assign future trips to drivers or subcontractors that work weekend or holiday shifts and the office dispatch is closed.
6. With the mapping functionality that is integrated with DME Mobile, a simple click of a button allows drivers to upload driving direction to their determined locations.